Ladies and Gentlemen for your delectation I present.
Magnus Gardham and the Last Propaganda Crusade
More media support for Salmond
THE SNP election campaign looks set for a boost from Express Newspapers.
They have long flirted with Alex Salmond in their Scottish editions.
Initially that was the result of owner Richard Desmond's deep antipathy towards Gordon Brown; he thought supporting Salmond was a great wheeze in terms of winding up the former PM.
Now, though, it seems it's down to good old-fashioned wonga.
I'm told SNP donor Brian Souter has bought a huge number of papers to hand out free on his buses in the run-up to polling.
They'll include an SNP pull-out.
In the meantime, political hacks at the paper know what's expected of them...
Labour would never have received much sympathy from the normally Tory-supporting Express but the news is still a blow for Iain Gray, who has hardly any supportive voices in the media.
All this follows our revelations about News International coming under David Cameron's orders to campaign for an SNP victory.
The Sun's verdict today on the SNP's somewhat lacklustre manifesto is: "Eckstra special."
But more worrying for Labour will have been NI stablemate The Times' splash yesterday: "Double hit for Labour as policies are mocked."
It amounted to this: a disgruntled follow-up to the Record's exclusive on Iain Gray's call to end corroboration in rape cases combined with some rather manufactured hostile reaction to Labour's plans for more teachers.
But it shows which way the wind is blowing.
Here's the link to the article and the comments section. Which is priceless.
Magnus Gardham for being the English equivalent of Bill O'Reilly I salute you.


7 comments:
what a nob, Scotland;s own "Comic Ali"
Great stuff, Mark - I reckon we should have a whipround for Magnus, he's clearly aff his heid.
But more importantly, who's the girl in the photo smellin' the cheese?
She looks like a lass I used to know from Muirkirk.
Hi 639. That'll be the Muirkirk near Strathaven then?
Has this dick-head been brought in as a short term Daily Record/Labour propagandist because they think that the current London's Jocks at the Record are not up to the task?
Will he be moved back to London after the Scottish election? We await with unbated breath.
Aye, Mark - that's the one. Sunkissed moorland nestling on the shoulder of mighty Cairn Table.
Yep that one day of the year when it stops raining it's almost bonny. Last time up Cairn Table, all I could see was a sea of opencast...
I left this Message to Magnus on his blog:
I chose not to read your article today Magnus because they've become silly.
Anyway, I forgot to mention it to you Magnus, you've become a bit of an internet community joke with your daft partisan Daily Record articles.
Has your boss threatened to fire you if Labour lose?
As I said, 'FREE MAGNUS!' from the chains of tyranny.
FREE MAGNUS before he becomes a complete internet joke (it may already be too late).
Methinks his meds need to be upped.
Post a Comment