Friday, 29 April 2011

FEAR OVER HOPE



Following the relaunched relaunch of the new relaunch. Labour's John McTernan has advised Iain Gray to grow a pair and get nasty. Much has been written about how McTernan with his Fear over Hope agenda, has ripped open Labour's heart and finally revealed the visceral hatred within. I disagree. I think it's always been there. I believe that a profoundly honest social movement that mobilised to help the working man and woman has been subsumed from within by careerists desperate for power and willing to do almost anything to hold on to it.

With this in mind, and as a motivation to Iain Gray to see where this political philosophy leads to, I've decided to help him envisage how it might look.


Oh if he's going to add any other of those flexible manifestos, can I suggest the nationalisation of the countries take-a-ways and Barr's Irn Bru Bingo Buggies for all as a hard core Labour vote winner.






8 comments:

Nikostratos said...

Fear over hope

dont knock it a tactic in use ever since we climbed out of the trees
and more often than not it has been
successful.

And lets be honest Nats have used Fear and loathing of the English state? well ever since there have been Nats and a English state

Administrator said...

"And lets be honest Nats have used Fear and loathing of the English state? well ever since there have been Nats and a English state"

Is that pre or post 1707?

natha said...

I love the soviet Chinese revolution iconic imagery. They truly capture the red blooded socialist that Gray truly is.

natha said...

Hi Mark, seems to be letting me post.

I just changed my word program so maybe that's helped.

Great images of the red blooded socialiteist Gray.

Maybe you could swap Madam Mao's head for Lamonts and have them snogging... perish the thought.

Favourite image you conjured up was 'the Gray munchkins' favourite image of the campaign so far. By campaign I mean the SNP's actual campaign against that farce posing as a campaign that the Brit nats have been doing for the last weeks.

natha said...

Suggested title for the vision intrinsic in the next Labourite relaunch :

Fear and Loathing in Glasvegas.

I'm sure it's not original but it captures the essential hegemonic Labourite in its natural habitat.

Jim said...

Hi Mark

I'm just borrowing this

"I believe that a profoundly honest social movement that mobilised to help the working man and woman has been subsumed from within by careerists desperate for power and willing to do almost anything to hold on to it."

It's almost perfect.

Jim

Administrator said...

Cheers Jim

Vronsky said...

I'm starting to wonder if the 'fear' policy might be a bit of wrong turning for the Old Tories (aka New Labour). Gray asked the Scots who they felt would best defend them aganst the Tories. Shit, the bastards came up with the right answer!

Smell the cheese.

Smell the cheese.
Former vile blogger Montague Burton aka Mark MacLachlan

The equally bored.

Lend With Care

Lendwithcare.org microloans from CARE International - Banner Ad

Colour me chuffed.

Colour me chuffed.
Thanks to everyone who made up their own mind.

Children in tweed.

Children in tweed.
14th place. Thanks again to everyone with a pulse and a brain.

BIG BLOG ARCHIVE...click on links below for OLDER POSTS