On reading today's Scotsman, I couldn't help but let out a sigh of sheer ennui, when I read their latest biased reporting on the SNP Government.
"SNP ACCUSED OF DRINK CRACKDOWN...BY STEALTH!"
"SNP ACCUSED OF DRINK CRACKDOWN...BY STEALTH!"

The headline had me envisioning a crack team of Ninja's swooping into bars, supermarkets and off-licenses and stealthily removing drinks from gaping maws.

Naturally, this is just more bollocks from the Unionist friendly Johnson Press who let no opportunity pass without first using their modus operandi of attacking the SNP Government and its members.

I embarked on stealth google using the exact phrase "SNP Accused" this returned a rather even numbered 11,000 hits.
I added the word 'Scotsman' to the search. This returned 6,780 hits.
Further filtering using the word 'Labour' produced 5,270 instances.
It occurs to me that when you overuse a word or a phrase it becomes devalued, often meandering over to the world of satire, e.g, 'won't somebody think of the children?'. Admirable sentiments, but used to the point of cliché the meaning becomes redundant.
I imagine when the voters of Scotland hear Iain Gray, saying things like, "If I was First Minister..."
This would be the general reaction.
I added the word 'Scotsman' to the search. This returned 6,780 hits.
Further filtering using the word 'Labour' produced 5,270 instances.It occurs to me that when you overuse a word or a phrase it becomes devalued, often meandering over to the world of satire, e.g, 'won't somebody think of the children?'. Admirable sentiments, but used to the point of cliché the meaning becomes redundant.
I imagine when the voters of Scotland hear Iain Gray, saying things like, "If I was First Minister..."
This would be the general reaction.
2 comments:
It would be a stealthy ninja indeed to remove drink from my deathgrip.
And my maw never gaped in her life.
Oooh heated debate! Scunnart,what suggestions do you have for tackling our 'booze culture'?
Post a Comment